thown-aways
[Linked Image] I think Rat’s gotten bad teeth. He’s lisping.

Bobby shook his head. “Only to be replaced with a different sort of trouble. Watch what you say and to whom,” he warned as if Jack were the talkative one. Bobby’s gaze darted around the room before he leaned forward, lowering his voice, “Clark Kent has been asking for you.”
confused

“You should tell him what you know about Double-L.”
Double L? The one who wrote Tainted Love?
CLARK: :Dizzy: Great now I have nightmares. And I'll never be able to look at cockroaches the same way again.

“You sure the Englishman isn’t using Double-L as a stooge?”

Bobby thought about this for a minute. “Interesting theory. I take it you mean Double-L’s right hand man?”
Jimmy? Huh…wait, Bobby’s not talking about Lois, is he?

“I could see that possibility, but…” Bobby shook his head. “One has far more dirt on his hands, while the other makes sure to always keep his hands clean.”

Jack looked down at his own hands and the dirt under his own nails. He used to be a clean kid with an interest in music, an aptitude for stretching the rules, and whose only desire was a fun time at any cost.
Just like Lex!

All that changed when he became sole protector of his kid brother.
LEX: Why I did away with my kid brother.

No wonder she was sneaking around in disguise. Cheating on The Boss was a one-way ticket to the landfill, he imagined, if one was lucky.
Boy’s got a dirty mind, doesn’t he?

A guy about Jack’s age, looking less than homeless with his spiky, dyed-black hair, sat down next to Jack.
Douche Bag #2.

Stub chuckled. “You’re right, Pete. I do like this guy. He’s smart. You could use someone smart on your team.”
Yeah, but would someone smart but not alpha join up on a team lead by a dumb alpha?

“One look at you and the girls run off screaming?” Stub finished with a scoffing chortle.

Pete slapped Stub on the back in agreement. “Good one!”
[Linked Image]
LOIS /dancing around/: Kill it! Kill it! Octopusssssssssssss! Kill it! Eeeeeh! Eeeeeeh!

“Then hang with the likes of you.”
[Linked Image] I think you’re missing an ‘a’ in there. Also, I did find an extra ‘e’.

Jack sat back down and faced them. “You guys need to work on your sales technique. I said ‘no’.”
Funny, I can see them acting the same way with the fairer sex.

Pete nodded to Stub, who pushed Jack back down to the bench. “We do whatever needs to be done. A little of this and a little of that, lots of cash.”

“I’m listening,” Jack said. With some cash, he could bust his brother out of the Luthor House for Homeless Children and get them a place of their own.
Oh look. He’s not the smart brother after all.

That kid’s stuff got Jack fifty bucks from his fence last week.
PETE & STUB: rotflol 50? rotflol

“And what do ‘professionals’ do?” Jack asked.
Charge 50?
LOIS: wave
JACK: No, I don’t do that kind of stuff. I’m into girls, not rich, old dudes.

I caught Simon Truesdale having a grand ol’ time with a woman I doubt is his wife and I hope isn’t his daughter.”
Some fiction authors who now also have their material produced by HBO don’t make the distinction between wife and daughter.

“He said Luthor wasn’t mentioned by name except in regards to his marriage to the ‘gold digging reporter’.”
LOIS: razz There goes my repudation…

“Is that broccoli?” Jimbo asked skeptically.
He *does* realize that the food’s free, right?

“It’s a good source of iron,” Perry said, digging in. “And it’s covered in a cream sauce, Jimbo, so you won’t even taste it.”
Also, not that bad the taste…

“You won’t always be young and fit. Eating vegetables every day will help keep you that way, longer.”
Yeah, but when Lex finds him, the food won’t keep him healthy.

“Hello. Trying to eat here,” Jimbo murmured, still separating the broccoli to another pile on his plate.
clap

Clark ignored him. “Wasn’t she found in the woods between Gotham City and Metropolis?”
Maybe wild bats?

He only wished he had an exact date of Monique Kahn’s death, so that he could verify Luthor’s whereabouts on said day.
LEX: I was hunting. Why?

“Don’t you think giving me the code to a tracking device within that watch would have been just the thing to convince me that you were right about Lois and I was wrong?”
Lois didn’t want to be stalked. Well…more stalked.

How much more of an emergency did Cat need than Clark thinking that Lois was marrying Luthor?
He’s a tad self-absorbed, isn’t he?

Clark closed his eyes and counted to ten. Then he took a deep breath and counted to ten a second time with Mississippis and all.
I don’t think he’ll make a very good husband for Lois. No chocolate. No sex. No patience.

“Yeah,” Cat grumbled. “Phil would rather stay home with me, but he’s never really had many male friends and he’s really trying to get along well with my family, having impregnated me before marriage and all.”
And he thinks it’s a good idea to join the father of the bride and her Neanderthal brothers on a hunting trip?

“Have a good night with your hubby.”

“No problem there,” Cat responded gleefully.
[Linked Image]
LOIS: sick

“You’ll get yours someday, Clark. I promise, if I have to hold down Lois and make her listen to reason myself,” she replied. “Tootles!”
So, Cat thinks she will need to fixate Lois for Clark to have a good night with her?

Clark had a strange feeling that if anyone could succeed where everyone else had failed, it would be Cat. Like Lois, she never took ‘no’ for an answer.
Funny thing. The same’s true for Lex.

Jimbo whistled. “Can you believe this guy? He kills the woman, and then has the nerve to pick up the insurance on her death.”
Like they do with shops that suddenly catch fire?

“Cut and dried insurance fraud,” Perry said.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if they could tie him to the insurance fraud but not the murder?

A cold chill crept down his spine. Had Luthor insured Lois as well?
clap

Clark stood up, unable to eat. He wished Cat had given him the code to Lois’s watch. “I… uh… need to switch my laundry…”
I call foul! Smell, that is.

Caught up again!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.