I have to admit I just care less about this than most people. I am not sure I have ever watched any film with Ben Afleck in it. I have never seen any film with Henry Cavil but "Man of Steel", and I don't think I have ever seen another film with Amy Adams either.

So I have no real reason to like or dislike Afleck. I think the people who are attacking him for films done 10 years ago, and ignoring "Argo", which from what I have read was a well received film where he is considered to have performed well, are over-reacting.

Plus, I guess, I figure they are actors. They play roles, so I don't think one should assume they will play the same role they did before. That seems to be what some of the anti-Afleck talk I have read elsewhere is driven by "he did such in such in the past, I can't accept him."

So I think this will work. Snyder made really good casting decisions for MOS, even if I still wish they would have let Jonathan live.

Except, I just remembered I did see most of "Shakespeare in Love" once while substitute teaching (I had to skip through some parts per the teachers instructions, he did not want to expose the 9th graders to some of it, and we didn't finish). Still, I am not really feeling strongly either way. I think Affleck will work, but I am open to lots of things.

John Pack Lambert