A big part of the reason Keaton did a good job as Batman was that he had Jack Nicholson's wonderful tongue-in-cheek portrayal of Joker to work against. If not for that, I doubt we'd think so highly of Keaton as Batman today.

My take on Daredevil was that the script and casting were inconsistent. Jennifer Garner as Electra? She had the face and the body to be the hot assassin, but she didn't have that defining dark streak necessary. Someone else should have had that role, someone who would have been out of character smiling and more natural snarling.

And Affleck was the same. Of course, the extended scene where they played Jackie Chan with each other in the playground was beyond silly. Why would Daredevil show off his abilities to someone he'd just met? And why would Electra, who was supposed to be trained as a master martial artist, let a blind lawyer with mad skills get inside her defenses so quickly? The whole relationship thing just burst out beyond the bounds of credulity.

As I said, the flaws were more with the script, the director, and the production staff than with the actors. They did the best they knew how with a flawed story, and the best character of all was the late Michael Duncan Clarke as The Kingpin.

Virginia, I laughed at your portrayal of Ben trying to do Batman's voice.

I just can't picture him saying the iconic phrase "I'm Batman" without cracking up. (Him cracking up, that is.) Then holding up his hand and saying, "No, wait. I've got this. *I'm* Batman" -- more giggles. "I can do this." He clears his throat. In a deeper tone, "I'm Batman". Bends over, laughing now.
Totally funny. You should write humor pieces. Oh, wait...

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing