Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
Some background information on the road to Ben Affleck becoming Batman...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-ben-affleck-said-yes-613658
Thanks for the link. I remembered that Afflack was in one of Kevin Smith's films (Chasing Amy), but I had forgotten that a per-requesite for being in a Kevin Smith film is a love of comics (not really, but it might as well be, because all the actors in his early films seem to be so). So, at least he isn't going in blind (no pun intended) and knows what big shoes he has to fill.

Shallowford wrote:
You're a different generation, so you never had to sit through the 1979 Captain America or the 1990 Captain America or the 1977 Spider-Man hoping that this time the show would be as cool as the comic. The only dim ray of hope was the Incredible Hulk and that was so toned down that you could swap scripts with Kung-Fu and never notice the difference.
I totally missed those Capt. America revamps and I'm old enough to remember. grumble I hate my laptop. Always having to go back and retype what I just wrote because it highlighted and erased it or scrolled back three pages on the web. How does anyone complete anything with those things? They should be banned by the WGA for torturing writers./

Terry wrote:
Virginia, I laughed at your portrayal of Ben trying to do Batman's voice...

Totally funny. You should write humor pieces. Oh, wait...
blush Gee, thanks, Terry. [Linked Image] I write humor? shock Uh, right, my story is *supposed* to be funny, isn't it? Does it count if you point at my characters and laugh?

LOIS: splat

Well, I got to run now... back home again and I've got to get to work on that next part... On my desktop... [Linked Image]

Good luck to Ben!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.