Hi All,

It’s my vacation! I’m a serious lurker and I don’t respond much because I have limited time on the computer. I do enjoy reading L&C Fanfic when I have time. I usually send email feedback to writers. However, I’m going to make a serious effort to post comments for the fanfic that I read.

I don’t think the Lois and Clark boards are dying. Over the years I’ve noticed a pattern on these boards with its activity. In the beginning when the show was in it’s first run, finding a place to discuss what was happening on the weekly show was a lot of fun. The internet was still a novelty with AOL having chat rooms for different TV shows. The ABC Network had a L&C Messageboard that was very active with chat rooms and fanfic.

After the show was canceled a lot of people dropped out, but others continued to chat and post fanfic on Zoomway’s site after the ABC Network’s Lois and Clark site closed. The next surge of popularity occurred when the series went into syndication on the TNT Cable Channel and new people became fans of L&C. The last big spike of new writers arrived when the L&C Series was available by seasons on CDs and the current boards were established.

So, I’m not sure what is going to prompt the next round of L&C Fanfic. It’s been a fun ride considering that the show was canceled over ten years ago. A lot of very dedicated people have kept these boards and the L&C Archive alive with volunteers who work endless hours being BRs, Editing, Writing, and Moderating the talented work that gets posted.

Thank you so much!
Now Write on! smile1
Anne