The good thing about being away from the board for long enough to miss most of the debate is it means I can just swoop in, agree with some of the well-written posts, and not have to come up with one of my own. wink

I agree with almost everything Paul said. While I do think that God's existence can be proven, I don't think that proof is at all scientific in nature. Insufficiently objective and repeatable. And I absolutely believe that however the universe and our planet came about, it was guided by God's hand. The available scientific evidence most strongly supports evolution as the means, but is absolutely silent on the question of whether an intelligence (God or super-intelligent aliens or anything else) was the cause.

Clasicalla, if you don't think that the supporters of ID are claiming that it is a scientific theory which should be taught in public schools, then I think it may be you that needs to read more about it.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun