My big problem with ID is that it implies a short-sighted and sadistic creator. Most aspects of the process are cruel, and many results that in the short term work, are in the long term a problem. Things like the way the oesophagus crosses the windpipe - which is the result of all vertebrates being descended from one particular family of proto-chordates that just happened to survive where others were wiped out - would have been a trivial thing for an intelligent creator to fix but kill hundreds of people every year.

Later edit - forgot to say that I believe fairly strongly in evolution, if that wasn't already apparent. As noted above, it isn't always pretty and it doesn't always produce the best possible results, but there's a hell of a lot of evidence that it works and more is being found all the time. Should also add in the cause of fairness that my science training was mainly in zoology, with a natural bias in the evolutionary direction since without it there's no useful way to approach the subject. A lot of what I was taught about evolution thirty-five years ago is now known to be wrong; scientists have for the most part corrected their errors, assimilated the new data, and found that for the most part the results still support evolution, but it is a much less efficient process than was originally thought, and that there are a lot more evolutionary blind alleys than successful results.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game