SueS. wrote:

37 - I had to think about it, my bday was earlier this summer and it takes me a few months to make the switch mentally.
I laughed at this, Sue, because I'll be 37 this fall, and while traveling with my parents this past week, I had to ask my Mom how old I was going to be - and then SHE had to do the math to figure it out! I was pretty sure it was either 37 or 38, but really, it quit mattering a few years ago.

Yvonne wrote:
Interesting that we're short on 30-somethings. Is that because they're all too busy raising young families, or just because they're having more fun elsewhere?
I noticed this as well but don't know the answer. I'm busy raising a young family but still find time to scribble here and there, and I've had many fandom friends in my own age range. However, one of the things I've always enjoyed about fandom is that I encounter such a diverse group of people - people I'd never cross paths with in real life. My RL friends are wonderful and I love them dearly, but they tend to be pretty much in the same place in life that I am. It's such fun to meet people who are older or younger or from other countries or with completely different backgrounds. It's one of fandom's greatest attractions for me.

Love polls like these!

Caroline