My son assures me that he'll bury it with me. I just want it pointed out to the pallbearers that not all the weight in the casket is mine
Oh, Sue, that's priceless. You silly girl... laugh

I too have a pillow that my great-grandmother made for me. Actually two pillows. She made them from down feathers from the geese on her farm (I loved that old farm - ducks, a turkey, chickens, cows, a great old barn to play in... etc...)

I've had the pillows since before I can really remember. They never bothered my husband, in fact for the first 8 years we were married, he slept on one of them. But alas, he has bad allergies and the inner lining began to breakdown on the pillows and they burst open inside the case. The case is sewed shut and all, but the little feathers keep poking through the fabric and escaping. And once that inner lining disintegrated, the pillows started bothering his allergies (not to mention they kept getting "clumpy").

I still have the pillows - in storage. I keep saying that one day I'll take them somewhere and have them mended and re-stuffed.

But I'm too sentimental to get rid of them. Those pillows have been all over the U.S. with me. My family always drove everywhere on vacation (dad's too clausterphobic to fly) so my sister and I always took our pillows with us so we could sleep in the car on the way. Therefore our pillows have been all the way from the midwest to Florida and back, several times, and as far west as Denver, CO. Hee hee.

Okay, I'm done now... not that you needed to know all that... sheesh, I babble way too much...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.