I agree with Pam's idea that there are many people with whom you could be happy. I felt that instant connection with the man I eventually married and he's said that he felt the same way. But I've also felt that instant connection with a woman who eventually became a very close friend, who also says she instantly bonded with me. Uh oh...was I really destined to be a lesbian and I settled for a man too quickly?! I hardly think so! laugh I also felt that instant connection with another man; again, the feeling was mutual. We're both married. Uh oh...do we throw away a combined 18 years of marriage to people we each love?! eek Again, I hardly think so! We've just become really great friends. Depending on the reality of the circumstances under which people meet, that spark between people can lead to different things. The notion of a soul mate is best left to romance novels and fantasy.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink