My phobias? Hmm, where do I start.

Flying. Trains. Boats. Public Transportation. Heights. Bridges. Tunnles. Walking alone in the dark. Doctors.

I am sure there are more, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

I have conquered a lot of my fears -- when I was a kid, I was afraid of the phone and afraid of knocking on people's doors. Now, I actually use the phone quite regularly (although I do prefer email and im), and I do go to people's doors -- even if it takes me a while to psych myself up. I do go on and enjoy roller coasters. I did live on the ninth floor of a dormatory my freshman year. I do occasionaly go to the doctor and I do go to the dentist. I do drive over bridges and through tunnles -- even when I am frozen so I can't move. I even do walk alone in the dark through the city (although I am constantly on the look out for scary people). I have been on boats and trains (well, public transportation).

The only one of my fears that I haven't tried to conquer is flying. If I could fly the plane (or drive the train/bus), then I would absolutely go into a plane. However, I do not like the feeling of putting my life into someone else's hands! That's why I have to drive and no one else can when I am in the car. I want to control my own destiny.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve