Interesting to read everyone's views:)

Kaethel wrote:
I will read a story where Lois or Clark is/are with someone else, regardless of whether they've met or not. My main reason for that is that it's happened many times on the show (Lex, Mayson, Dan, or even Lana if we're talking of alt-Clark), so it's not something I consider impossible or out of character.
I'm curious about the meaning of "is/are with someone" because it makes a difference to how I look at the issue.
- is it a few dates, nothing serious or seriously and exclusively dating one person but not yet sexually involved or deep emotional and sexual involvement or casual sex?

The Dan/Mayson relationships cited above on the show never amounted to much. Only Lois and Lex's relationship would be what I would consider 'being with' someone. Still, Lois did not have sex with Lex, which is interesting. smile So a fic which included a deeper emotional & or sexual relationship between L or C and another person wouldn't seem consistent with the show. Unless it was about Lois back in her Claude days. smile

Now alt universe stories offer more leeway because we don't have as much backstory to work with and becuase alt-Clark and alt-Lois have not yet met. So alt-Clark very well may have had sex with Lana, who was his fiancee. And who knows what alt Lois was up to in the Congo? <g> But i'm not much interested in reading about it (even if it's alt-Lois and alt- Henderson<g>), although I'm sure that alt-Claude (or whoever) was both skillful and charming, and that Lana was very efficient and wearing something semi-risque <g>

Me personally, I'm a fan of Lois and Clark and so that's who I want to read about. smile Oh, and alt-Clark and alt-Lois. smile

c.