it would take a really, really, really talented writer to help me go along with a Lois/Scardino pairing. As much as I like to keep an open mind, I just cannot imagine it!
See, now you're just asking for trouble. I am probably Agent Scardino's biggest fan after BanAnna -- and I'm evil enough to do something like this! evil

But I won't because I have two other (evil) fics that I'm trying to get off the ground. One of which, does have "Please Call Me Daniel" playing a big role but not as a love interest for Lois.

Anyway, my answer. If I didn't believe that Lois and Clark are soulmates and they hadn't gotten together on the show, I wouldn't be so ok with it. But they are, they did and I am.

My main requirements for the other love interest is that they be a well-written character (no Mary Sues), that it makes sense for Lois or Clark to care about them and (to echo lynnm) there is no adultery/cheating involved.

"Let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and trasform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows. Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.