Ooh, interesting topic! smile

I'm just saying it straight out: I'm not one of those who cannot read a story if Lois and Clark aren't together, no matter what the cause. However, I would like it to be a very good reason for that <g>, and I guess I'm sort of always hoping - that no matter what, in the end - they'll be together.

I think stories that carry this concept - and that it is well written - can be quite an interesting journey. Separating Lois and Clark (for a while or even longer) opens up a whole new world of possibilities of what our favourite characters will have to go through, and you can come up with all sort of new ways on how to get them back together (if that's an option). And what's wrong with that? It means new ideas, new concepts, and it'll be a new experience for a reader - even the writer.

For some reason, I'm sort of more okay with accepting that Lois is with another man, but not Clark with another woman...wonder why. I've always liked Mayson as a character - heck, she's a very good character - but I could never really imagine her having a life with Clark. So, if she's ruled out, who's left? No one that I could really think of, unless you make up your own character (like Lynn). I haven't read "The Butterfly Legacy" yet, but I'm just itching, so I'll do it as soon as I can.

Also, maybe the reason why I wouldn't mind seeing Lois with another man than Clark, may be that I'm always - feeling pretty lonely out there! <g> - cheering for her and Lex. Put her and Lex in the same scene in any story, and you've made my day, week, month or even year (last one goes to "Masques" <g>). But I'm dying to read more stories where they are in a relationship, and actually trying to make it work or that Lois, for some reason, can't leave him. Because I think this is such an interesting dilemma: (in danger of sounding like Tarzan here, but..) evil man wants to have the good woman, and although the good woman may be too naive to see his true self, she's attracted to his power, and is consumed by the need to be loved, which she thinks only he can give her. So, although she's inwardly hoping for the shining knight on a white horse, she stays. <g> And of course, when she finds out what Lex is really made of, that's where the fun begins! wink

Now, before you think I'm this lunatic of a bird who's eaten way too much rotten fish here, I *do* support the idea that she and Clark will be together in the end. <g>

So, as long as there's a good cause Lois and Clark aren't together/won't be together, it won't stop me from reading the story smile

Pelican (who flies around the world, sneeks in the window to every author late at night, whispering in their ears, "Lois....Lex....Lois.....Lex...")

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay