Yeah, what Wendy said!

I generally start a story with a specific issue in mind. I have an idea of what I want to cover and how the story will end. When I type the words "The End" I'm pretty much done telling my story. I don't intend to write a sequel - if I left that much stuff undone, I'd probably go back and try to incorporate it into the story.

But there are instances where stuff might be left hanging that I didn't realize others might want to know about. Specifically, in Starwood In Aspen, it never occurred to me to show what might have occurred between Clark and Mayson, but readers seemed to have a need to know. It was simple enough to add on an epilogue to cover that.

I have to admit as a reader, though, really loving some writer's stories so much that I want them to go on and on. It is a mixture of their writing style and the set-up of the first story. For example, I would love for Yvonne to continue Addicted and Wendy to continue ITBMW. But I do understand why they might choose not to. That was not the story they set out to tell, and as far as they are concerned, the story is finished.

I think if a writer goes for a sequel simply to meet readers' demands, the sequel will be forced and no fun at all to write.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah