A poll for "Kidnapped!"!
How could I resist replying? This story is between the first four fics (I do remember it's not the first one, but it's either the second, or the third or the fourth for sure, and one of the reasons I loved fanfiction!) I began to read as a FoLC!
(I still need to read part 21, but I just came back from vacation... I'm going there right after I finish this post.)

Well, let's get to the point now.

I voted for CK to keep Jon, although I would like to add "Only if L&C are finally able to have their own children".

The reasons I support this option are:

1) As Roger said:

contend the baby is capable of bonding with his true parent, alt-Clark, without suffering psychological damage due to separation anxiety primarily because he won't remember L&C. I, for one, can't remember anything at all before the age of four. If the child was much older, perhaps that is not the case but an infant would suffer, at most, short term trauma.
Although you too have a point, Yvonne (I can't remember my father teaching me how to read, since I was only 2 and a half years old then, but I still remember how to read!! <g>), I don't think that Jon would find it difficult to have CK as his parent.

2) CK is all alone, and NEEDS Jon. L&C at least have each other.

I am not going to disagree with the people who support the L&C option, because they have their points, too.

Anyway, as a Mexican soap-opera writer, Delia Fiallo, said once, "it's not about the destination, but about the journey". Which means that in a long story like this the ending doesn't matter too much. The whole story is really beautiful and I won't be disappointed, whatever the ending is.

AnnaBtG. (anxious to see what you are finally going to decide... smile1 )

P.S.:

I've deliberately left out the one I think a lot of people would prefer
And what would that be? confused

Put the baby in the copy machine, mix 'em up so you can't tell which is the original, and they all live happily ever after!
!! (no other comments, Bethy!)

How about CK moving with L&C and they have the baby all together?

(another idea)

Anyway, got to go now. See ya.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...