I was also thinking, maybe we should make this a stickied topic in the fanfic folder... minimizes the work for TE-avoiders (of which I am one!). Enter the folder, check for a new post to the stickied thread, and go from there.

And the first post in the thread can be a short explanation of what tank endings are, and how to deal with them, as an author and a reader. That'll help the newbies catch on quickly, I hope.

This plan *will* require an extra step from authors -- they'd have to send a note first, and then wait til the notice was posted before posting their TE. And I know it'll be hard to wait once you've got something that's ready to post smile But an e-mail to admins@lcficmbs will reach seven of us (currently) and the first one to see it will handle it, so I don't think it should be too much of a delay. And speaking as an author, I'd like to avoid offending my audience if I can smile

No, it's not a perfect solution... but it's the closest thing we've been able to think of. All suggestions respectfully considered smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K