I was in college when it happened. A friend had written "Did you see what happened to the WTC?" on my wipe erase board. Normally, I put the news on as I got ready for class, but for some reason, I didn't that day. So I was in the dark until I got to my Broadcasting class. We all crowded into the hallway where a small tv was mounted on the wall. The last person had literally just gotten there when the first tower collapsed. I don't remember what people were saying - it was more of a dumbfounded paralysis. Then a security guard told us to leave - the school was closing. I ran across campus back to my dorm, turned on the tv and seconds later, the second tower collapsed.

I remember grabbing the phone to call home, terrified for my dad (he was a NYC Bridge and Tunnel Officer) because I feared that the bridges would be targeted next. Thankfully, they weren't and he was safe.

My neighborhood lost a few guys who were firefighters that day.

But I have never been prouder to be an American and a born-and-raised New Yorker.

God Bless the USA! And God Bless every life that was taken that day - and all of those who risked everything to save so many other lives.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon