EDIT:Just realized that I forgot to sign Elisabeth out before writing the below post. Sorry, sweetheart.

I was driving into work at the time. I arrived in the parking lot just before the first tower was hit. As I was walking in, a friend of mine was pulling in and he jumped out saying that a plane just crashed into the Towers. I thought to myself "What a tragic accident to happen." When we entered the lobby, the TV screens in the wall were focused on the news and we saw the second plane hit. The reactions were varied. Some screamed, some cursed, some were dumbfounded. I guess I was praying, if you can calling on the name of God over and over again because I couldn't form the words to say anything else. I was thinking of the tens of thousands of lives I had expected to die that day and was mentally pleading with the Almighty for His favor.

And He did answer that prayer. Of the over 50,000 individuals that could have been killed that day, fewer than 5,000 were killed. Not to lessen their deaths in anyway, mind you. Each one is missed by at least someone and today is a painful day for them.

God Bless the survivors and the U.S. Military that have laid down their lives since that day.

James frown