This is a bit preemptive but thought I'd start the thread anyway. I've been watching a lot of the 9/11 specials and documentaries the past few days and it's so hard to relive all of that again.

I think it's so strange that it's already been 10 years and that a 10 year old kid won't have any memory of it or realize how different the world was before it happened.

I remember a (German) friend telling me about how his father became so emotional when the Berlin wall came down and how he didn't feel the depth of the emotion that his father felt about it. I feel like I will never be able to explain to my daughter what we all went through that day (even people in other countries remember what they were doing that day).

I was thinking last night, as I was watching one of the documentaries, what I would try and tell her about that day. What stands out to me the most in my mind, was the LOVE that Americans had for their country immediately following the attack. There were no Republicans or Democrats, Liberals or Conservatives, just people who loved this country (the finger pointing came a couple months later frown ).

I remember Bush's impromptu speech at Ground Zero with the mega phone where he yelled out, "I can hear you! And soon, the people who did this will hear all of us!!" (something like that)...

I remember seeing the cover of a magazine (Time maybe??) with a little girl on her daddy's shoulders at a candlelight vigil, tears in her eyes while she held up an American flag.

I was 18 years old and in my freshman year at college. I remember realizing that the world wasn't a safe place, that America wasn't invincible, and that no matter what, we wouldn't give up.

God bless the families and friends who lost loved ones on that day and God bless America.

[Linked Image]

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw