I thought I'd start a thread for 9/11 since today marks it's 9th anniversary. I really want to keep this thread about the memory of those who died and not about all the mosque controversy going on.

It's strange how when something significant happens, you always remember what you were doing when the event took place. Since I don't know anyone personally who died on that day, I'm just going to say what I was doing when the attacks happened.

I was a freshman at my University and was in my morning 8-10AM class, Old Testament. We got out a little early, which was unusual, probably around 9:30AM. None of us knew what had happened/was happening. When I got back to the dorm, a TON of people were standing in the lobby watching television. I remember being really annoyed because I thought it was a class or something and that they were using the Women's dorm lobby as their classroom. When I got back to my suite, all my suite mates and then some were watching television in our suite, which also annoyed me. I thought, "Geez, doesn't anyone do anything besides watch tv around here." I went into my room and layed down on my bed. I kept hearing gasps and 'oh my gosh' from the living room so finally went out of my room to see what everyone was talking about. That's when I FINALLY saw what was happening. It was around 10AM. My dad worked for a network television station at the time so I called him to see what was going on.

God bless all the families that lost loved ones on that day.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw