There are a few songs of this sort that I know of in Hebrew, but not as many as in English, I don't think (in terms of proportions, I mean). Israel is a relatively young country, so most of these are old - written either before 1948 to express hope of staying in that land or not too long after, to express fresh patriotism. Some of these are children's songs, actually, that I remember singing in music classes when I was little.

In Russian, I don't think I've ever heard one! I suspect it might have something to do with the same thing Ultra Woman mentioned about Brazil, except replace "military government" with "communism".

In Canada I haven't heard any either, except two: "Proud to be Canadian" which is a facetious song by the Arrogant Worms, and one which is definitely non-facetious - "Mon Pays" by Gilles Vigneault, a song by a French-Canadian singer. There's an English translation of the lyrics here .

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)