In Brazil nowadays patriotic songs are rare. Patriotic songs were very common when Brazil had military governments (1964 - 1984) and people had to be patriotic or else. So, when the military government came down, people didn't want to sing patriotic songs anymore. sad Flags are just seen at the public sector, unless it's Olympic games or World Cup. During these times you can see flags everywhere. wink You could say that people here are patriotic since it be sport-related. :p

Your region?
Well, that is a completely different case. I live in the south and here people are very proud of our story and culture. There're many songs about how beautiful and great our state is and there're groups dedicated to sing just this kind of song.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Your culture?
Idem. Culture and traditions in my state are very strong. There're groups of typical dance and centers dedicated to cultivate the local culture through music, dance, food, etc. There's a week dedicated to celebrate my state's independence when there're parades in every city with people wearing typical clothes and you can see flags from the state everywhere.

[Linked Image]
Group of typical dance

[Linked Image]
Annual parade to celebrate the independence and local culture

[Linked Image]
People waving our state's flag

And it's normal to see people wearing typical clothes in day-to-day activities.

Adults, children...

and even PETs wearing typical clothes.

So, in my country patriotic and culture songs are not common, but in my state they are. Go figure!

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15