Mr Obama walked out of his meeting with Mr Netanyahu but invited him to stay at the White House, consult with advisers and “let me know if there is anything new”, a US congressman, who spoke to the Prime Minister, said.

“It was awful,” the congressman said
Was this congressman a member of AIPAC by any chance? A Republican? Who is he? Unless we know, we are unable to judge the validity of his statements or whether he has an agenda or vested interest in making things up. Claarly, as he 'spoke to the Prime Minister', the one thing we do know about him is that he has close links with him.

Left to talk among themselves Mr Netanyahu and his aides retreated to the Roosevelt Room. He spent a further half-hour with Mr Obama and extended his stay for a day of emergency talks to try to restart peace negotiations. However, he left last night with no official statement from either side. He returned to Israel yesterday isolated after what Israeli media have called a White House ambush for which he is largely to blame.
So it seems even his own people blame him, not Obama for this argument.

Seriously, I see a lot of questions in this article - the use of uncredited sources is a particular problem for credibility - and I wouldn't believe all you read in newspapers.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers