I can't say I've ever felt that way about a book because I simply stop reading it if I find the content not to my liking. I read for enjoyment not to be grossed out. (Thankfully when I was in school I was never required to read a book that I found objectionable - JUST BORING.) So I don't read horror stories, will never read Stephen King. The same is true in movies. I go for enjoyment so I don't go to horror flicks or "message/political" movies. I can get all that on the evening news for free.

Now fanfic. Yes there have been a few stories I've not ultimately cared for. For some reason when I first started reading fanfic I felt compelled to finish the stories - maybe because you all put so much effort into them. Now if I find I don't care for the track a story is taking I will skim ahead and see if it gets better. If not I quit reading it. You may have spent a lot of time writing it but I don't have to spend my time reading it.

Two of the story lines I don't care for in LnC fanfiction are rape and death of our cannon characters. Rape of any kind is not entertainment and I read the stories for entertainment. There have been a few stories here that involved rape that I have read - they were well written but thankfully they are few and far between. I would probably now not read such fanfic stories. As for murder of our cannon characters - you just never kill off the cannon characters IN MY OPINION. It is just WRONG. So if you do and they stay dead I'm not finishing your story. How will I know? Once I realize where you are going I skip to the end and see if they are still dead. If so that is the end of my reading your story and I'm such a fan that I have a partition on my hard drive dedicated to fanfiction and have about 4000 files between the regular fic and Nfic stories. Each file should be a story. I even keep the ones I don't read.

So please keeping writing but remember we read to enjoy not to be grossed out or dismayed but what happens to our favorite characters.