The one story that I can remember really disturbing me was Apt Pupil by Stephen King. Fifteen plus years later, I couldn't give you specifics, other than the actions of both the old Nazi and the young kid that idolized him. It hasn't turned me off Stephen King, though I'm more selective of what works of his I read after I realized Needful Things was leaving me depressed 6 chapters in. I've read the heck out of The Stand.

I knew what I was going into with The Happening. After The Village, where I guessed "the twist" from the trailers, I wasn't expecting a whole lot. And I got what I expected. I started looking at it as a B movie with the blood and death, and it became more enjoyable. No, the one movie that I've really truly wanted my time back, and threatened to disown the friend who gave us the movie, was Napoleon Dynamite. Ugh, what a waste of good shelf space.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited