I think the parents need to do a little intimidation. You would be surprised how many parents put all the responsibility for a "baby" not happening on the girl. I have heard mothers claim the girl was just out to trap her son. As a woman I find it appalling that the attitude still exists of boys will be boys and have needs and that if a girl gets pregnant it is all her fault. The last I knew it took 2 people in some shape or form for that to happen.

Back ages ago when my brothers were starting to date my mother sat my brothers down and told them if they didn't want to marry a girl not to sleep with her. Why? She told them that if they got a girl pregnant that is what would happen. They would marry the girl that take care of their child.

So I know from personal experience you can have parents of the boy who in their own home preach the extreme opposites of the boys responsibility - he will be totally responsible or all responsibility belongs to the girl and what sex he an get from the girl is fine and all pregnancy prevention is her problem - after all he isn't the one getting pregnant.-I'm quoting a mother here.

This is not something that ends after they start dating. I know of a case where the boy was away at college and the mother of the girlfriend was going to send her to school near him. The thing was it wasn't that much of a school, had no dorms so all students had to rent their own apartments or rooms off campus (small art school). The thing was he was at an academy that didn't allow the students to marry while in attendance. After several casual conversations it became clear to the guy and his parents what the girl's mother had in mind(she would get pregnant and they would get married even if it meant he had t quit college). He was the love of the girls life (same for him) so the mother was out to make sure by whatever means necessary that he didn't get away. The thing is the girl was 18 the guy 19. He just wasn't ready to get married. He always figured they would get married when he finished school. He cofronted the girl about what the he felt her mother was trying or orchestrate and they had a huge fight and because she wouldn't stand up to her mother about the school he broke it off. They both eventually married other people but it was obvious that they "settled" for second best.