Thanks, guys.

Wendy, revenge is a dish best served cold cool

Nan, they were idiots, but then you already know that. No, it's not our first encounter with the problem.

Sue, you bet we're keeping everything now. I've got a big binder that I've carried everywhere for weeks. It's got copies of the IEP, the BIP, the FBA, the school discipline reports and the school safety officer report, and every other official form, along with all the notes I've made, talking to all sorts of people. They're keeping copies of some of our papers, too wink because we printed things out and asked for them to be attached to the minutes.

The fight's not over yet. We still have to see how well they perform, and see if the modifications are actually helping. We want him re-evaluated, with an emphasis on his emotional, social, and functional behavior. We definitely want to rewrite sections of the IEP -- some things are way too vague and others are just plain wrong. And that's all before Christmas smile

They still fundamentally misunderstand autism, as evidenced by an email I received this morning. That's printed out, with the relevant section highlighted, and notes jotted in the margins. We need to get them educated.

We'll be watching them closely from now on.

So the war's ongoing -- but I think we definitely won this last battle. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K