So they have be doing a straight Cath to my bladder to relieve the pressure. It isn't fun let me tell you!
The only time I’ve ever been catherized was when I was under anesthesia and it came out before I was awake, so I don’t personally know how much ‘fun’ you are having. But I’ve put enough catheters in to know that they are not pleasant for the patient.

30 minutes later a nurse came into instruct me on how to do my own straight Cath when I was at home.
Oh, gee, what fun. But take heart in knowing that lots of people have to cath themselves.

Oh, I also have to give myself my own infusion of the steroid for the treatment.
Seeing as how you are pretty smart, I’m sure you will do just fine.

I found out that this was Insurance related. GRR!
Grrr.... Yes. There needs to be major reform in the insurance industry. I worked in that industry for about 10 years and went from agreeing with a lot of what they did (like denying a 5 day stay in the hospital when all the patient had done was a proctoscopy [very minor procedure] - but that did NOT affect any money the patient had to put out) to thinking the business had lost touch with reality (like saying a woman having a hysterectomy could go home the same day). The last thing I did concerning insurance stuff was doing appeals for a hospital to all those insurance companies that denied payment. I found that they often denied payment for mammograms, MRI’s (with patient complaints of, for example, numbness), etc. Sometimes the insurance companies would demand a CT scan prior to paying for a MRI. That’s just stupid because the insurance company ends up having to pay a much bigger bill. Insurance companies are holding on for dear life because they see the future which will some sort of socialized medicine (which also has it’s problems).

BUT, again, take heart. Being at home means you are in a ‘cleaner’ environment (at least that’s true for most people) because hospitals are now known (perhaps in ‘inner circles’) as the worst place to get better. They are raging with staphylococcus aureus, a bug that developed (mutated) in hospitals. Staph aureus was resistant against many antibiotics. And as new antibiotics developed that will work against staph aures, staph aureus mutated further into things like the deadly methicillin-resistant staph aureus (MRSA) which is one of the ‘super’ bugs now out there. There are others such at Vancomycin resistant staph aureus (VRSA) and Vancomycin Resistant Entercoccus (VRE).

Part of this also occurs because antibiotics are often given for things caused by a virus - like the common cold. Antibiotics do not work against viruses and taking them for a virus can make a person resistant to antibiotics that they may later really need.

Okay, so I’ll quit ‘preaching’. James, I’m still praying for you, Elisabeth, RoseMary, Trinity, and Katelynn.

I can urinate a little, but I still have to self cath, but it is getting easier,
Keep at it and you’ll be better than the nurses! laugh (Seriously, this is true....)

Eyesight slowly improving, getting so see something after yellow, but not full color retention yet.
Yeah! Imagine the color ‘almost orange’ doing a little dance.

Everything you said, Elisabeth, was beautiful. Someone recently told me to try to find blessings in everything, and you have just reminded me of how important that is.

RoseMary's squad was cheering for Trinity's team. God gives good gifts.
And wasn’t that one of the best gifts?

Elizabeth, I can't tell you how moved I was with your testimony.
I wholeheartedly agree.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~