I have to echo the caution about online courses - even though I did a postgraduate qualification online myself and it's THE qualification to have in my field. Well, I'm particularly cautioning you about the University of Phoenix. Google University of Phoenix reviews and you'll see what I mean. A friend of mine started an online degree at Phoenix and as time went by got more and more disillusioned by the standard of teaching, marking, materials provided and university regulations, not to mention other students not pulling their weight - which mattered since almost all the assignments were group work. She eventually decided to quit and enrol in a university near her home. She got very little credit for her UoP courses because the local university said they were practically worthless frown She felt, in the end, that all UoP cared about is getting money from students and did very little to ensure quality and appropriate educational standards.

One thing you could look for at your community college is whether they offer courses leading to specific professional designations. In Canada the community colleges do - I don't mean licensed professions such as medicine or chartered accounting, but things like payroll certification, building inspector certification etc. Look in their catalogue; usually if a course is recognised by a professional association there would be a professional association logo next to it. Then you don't have to worry about transferability.

Good luck!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*