Good point, Rona. I spent two years at a community college, back in the late eighties, and a lot of that stuff transferred. (Before that, I'd spent two years at a university, but I radically changed majors halfway through and therefore had 4 years of college with no degree in sight) Anyway, Strayer transferred in credits for Math 300 (statistics) and Math 310 (calculus), but they still want me to take Math 105 (intro to college math). How crazy is that? I asked about it, and they said that Math 105 is a different *type* of math (algebra), so I still have to do it.

I'll start that in January, and my sixth-grade math-genius son is looking forward to it. If I need any help, I'll ask him goofy

Thank God, they transferred in my English Composition credits. The community college didn't; they wanted me to take it again. grumble I *hate* English Comp. And I like to think I know how to write...

(Though, to be fair, I think both my math and english credits were from AP exams, not actual classes. Good enough for the university, but not good enough for the community college :rolleyes: )

Um, where was I? cool Oh yeah, I think my point was that transferring credits is a bit of a crap shoot. But all you can do is do your best, and try not to transfer more than once.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K