I guess you can direct the discussion any way you like as you ARE the "opinion police" around here.
No...I think the phrase you're looking for here is "Wendy's an Admin around here" and, as such, is doing just exactly what she's being unpaid to do. What admins on a million forums do daily on the net. She's ensuring that the policies of this particular forum are adhered to by members.

As I'm sure you are aware there are dozens of partisan websites out there - many of them unmoderated - where you can vent your outrage to your heart's content, using any form of language you wish.

This forum, however, is not one of them. We've worked hard to develop an atmosphere here that is both friendly and welcoming and we do not intend that to be undermined by these political threads. We agreed to host such threads on the clear understanding that the discussion within them stayed within the rules of the forum. That is, that any debate was conducted with respect for those being discussed and other forum members.

But, I'm sorry, people are likely to keep crossing this "line" of yours because it's subjective and mercurial.
I've seen no evidence of Wendy being mercurial in her postings. She's been extremely even-handed.

The bottom line is, Captivated2, that if she - or any other mod or admin - tells you to moderate the tone of your posts in line with forum policy, then you would be advised to pay attention.

You will find in this world that no matter which group, club, society or organisation you join, it will have certain rules. If you disagree with those rules, you find another club that suits you better. But if you stay here, you'll be expected to stick to the rules, just like any other member.

If you think that you can't do that, (and I could understand that - I can only take limited exposure to these threads before my head explodes. goofy But then I understand that about myself and stay out of them as much as possible.) then I'd strongly suggest you take a long step back, take a very deep breath and go post instead on one of those sites that will allow you to vent your frustrations in the way that you'd like.

LabRat smile
Boards Admin Team

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers