Yeah, I saw most of Commander-in-Chief; we never got around to finishing the DVDs. I think a big part of its problem is that it was made so close to The West Wing coming to an end; maybe it was trying to match the success of that series and just couldn't come close, or maybe it felt too similar. I think, actually, there were many scenes in which it did remind me of TWW. Also, the fundamental premise - the way in which Davis's character became president - felt so implausible (ie the fact that, as a complete independent and non-politician, she was selected as VP to a president not in the best of health). Anyway, I would certainly like to see another film or drama with a female present, but with better scripts wink

As for 2012, I'm guessing that if there's a woman candidate then she won't be a Democrat goofy

cp33, I get your point completely about electing candidates for what they stand for and not their race and gender; unfortunately, before that will happen (or before people and the media will actually stop commenting on race and gender and making them an issue in elections) you have to normalise the idea of a woman or a black person in the Oval Office. Look at senators and governors: who comments on the gender of candidates for election to those offices now? But they will to the presidency, because it hasn't happened before.

In 40 years' time, I'm guessing, a female or black president or candidate will be nothing at all remarkable.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*