CC, it looks like two separate plotlines are heading towards each other faster than a speeding bullet. Isn't it fun? goofy
“What would be scary about aliens landing on earth?” asked Silas, clearly intrigued.
I loved this line, because it exemplifies what you've been so good at: giving us a completely different culture and worldview. Of course people growing up venerating LnC wouldn't think there's something bad about aliens!
“Tempus is so bent on destroying Utopia. This has been his sole purpose. Destroying the Lane-Kent legacy, and now he’s come so close....”

“And in a way, he will have succeeded,” Elise ventured. “Because Utopia’s citizens will know a peaceful society doesn’t just happen. It’s a façade. We are reaping the benefits of the hard work of others."
Good for Elise, because this has been troubling me about your depiction of Utopia from day one. A society that needs to be taken care of, that needs to be shielded from the Not Nice (tm) things in reality, isn't Utopia; it's little children, being babysat by their betters.
“I’m standing on the sidewalk talking to my eighth great-grandfather who is the real Superman, on my way to the bakery to find out if it’s a cover for some sort of time-travel protection agency working against the comic book character Tempus. Oh, and for about a day and half, I had a huge crush on my dead great-grandmother. So... what you just said... makes the exact same amount of sense as anything else.”
Silas is just a darn cute guy. laugh
“Wheee!” she said before she could stop herself. “I mean, shame on you, dear, you’re breaking the law.”
And Madge is soooo cool! cool

Can't wait to read the next part, CC! laugh

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827