Okay! Please! I was being snarky. And I didn't say that Rambo creates violence against women. I didn't mention violence against women in my post about Rambo.

So why did I mention all those Middle East countries? Well, because there is another kind of violence going on in many of those countries, terrorism. And as far as I can remember, there was little terrorism in the Middle East when I grew up, in the days b.R. (before Rambo), when the most popular heroes were a bit nicer. There was a bit of terrorism carried out by Palestinians, who hijacked airplanes more than once. And then there was that terrible attack on Israeli athletes in the Olympic Games in Munich in 1972. But, by and large, there was not a lot of terrorism. There was nothing like what we have seen in recent years.

However, I certainly realize that the main factors influencing the much wider use of violence in the Middle East these days are not violent heroes like Rambo. And yes, I agree that the connection between popular entertainment and any sort of violence in society has not been proven, at least not as far as I know.

I was being snarky. Do I think that Batman is destroying our world? Do I think he is an awful misogynist? Do I think that Batman sees to it that women in the Middle East get beaten up? No!!! Nononnononono!!! Please! Sorry, Batman. Smile for me.

[Linked Image]

Ann