It appears in the UK you can report people for verbally assaulting you. (labrat and others is that correct?
Can you? No clue. laugh I wouldn't be surprised though - Gordon and Chums seem determined to pin down every thought you utter these days and they issue a new raft of things the thought police can get you on almost daily. It's hard to keep up. wink

I know you can report someone for racially abusing you. But it didn't sound to me as though he'd been accused of either of those things, so I think your websites are telling porkies, Jojo. (Although, I have to confess that I really wasn't paying attention when the news was on because I was adopting my usual policy of being completely disinterested in the antics of celebs).

I looked it up for you. smile No mention of verbally assaulting anyone on the BBC news website:

Batman star Christian Bale has been bailed by police after being questioned about allegations he assaulted his mother and sister.

The star, 34, was arrested and held for more than four hours after attending a London police station by appointment.

Mr Bale is alleged to have lashed out at his mother and sister in his suite at London's Dorchester Hotel on Sunday.
Sounds like physical to me. (Allegedly. wink )

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers