Ann, the way you talk about Paul and what he said implies that he was writing his own thoughts and personal opinions on religion. Now, you may have that viewpoint, but I would at least like to make known that some Christians, if not many, believe that the Bible is not man's words, but God's words written down by men and that our God would not allow something to be included in the Bible that he did not want. There were many books written under similar circumstances to some of those in the Bible, but when the Bible was put together, some books were put in and others weren't. Some of those ended up included in the Catholic Bible, because the Catholic Church decided they wanted to include them.

So please don't think that just because a man was the one to actually write down the text in the Bible, that male chauvinists got together to write a holy book that would suppress women, or anything like that.

Which makes me think of a debate my sister has brought up at times. The whole thing of a woman taking on the man's last name when they marry. There are some who believe that the woman should keep her own last name. I've seen that here on Lois and Clark, and I have nothing against individuals doing it, but what about groups? Should the man take on ther woman's name?

Being a man, I struggle to understand exactly why there are so many things that feminism seeks to change.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.