What I mean by that is that in all these situations where women are starting to do things that only men used to do, it is creating an imbalance of everyone wanting to lead, and no one being willing to follow.
I DO think there is a problem with the imbalance, but I'm not sure the answer is for women to remain in their roles. IMO, the answer is for society to start to allow men to take on roles that were traditionally designated as women's. Right now, if you're a woman in the right country and social class, you have a lot of options, but if you're a man, a lot of the traditionally feminine roles are still denied to you. This, to me, is why we have an imbalance with everyone wanting to drive (or maybe even feeling forced to drive). I know women who feel badly for wanting to work and men who feel badly for wanting to stay home with their kids, and, to me, that's a travesty.

And as far as the reference to Islam, it does scare me. I just think the main problem happening with criticism against "Muslim" ideals is that they seem to all be coming from outsiders to the faith. Criticism from outside is always viewed as "others" trying to impose "their" religion, whereas it's harder to argue with those within the community. So, I wish those Muslims who don't feel that these radical positions are right would be more vocal about their opposition. Maybe they are being more vocal, but so far I haven't seen them--which could be the media's fault. I just think change comes from within much more easily than from without because no one wants to feel "judged."

**~~**

Swoosh --->