The day that the R.C. church widely appoints women priests
R. C. = Roman Catholic? As far as I know we've already ruled on that in the Extraordinary Magisterium, so that's never going to happen.

Does it seem oppressive to you that women aren't allowed to be priests? I'm just curious, and am open to any opinions.

I don't find it oppressive at all because the end-all-be-all of Roman Catholicism isn't just in the priesthood, in my mind. There are thousands of men and women out there in religious orders teaching, helping the poor, caring for the elderly, etc etc etc, and I care way more about that then whether or not I'll ever be able to give a sermon in Mass. And that's just the way I was raised; my schools were taught by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart and then the Society of Jesus, and they always taught a major facet of Catholicism as getting out in the community and making a difference regardless of what sex you are.

JD
(and yes I can't believe I'm letting myself get sucked into a religious conversation, so unless there's an earth-shattering discussion, this is probably all I have to say)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy