I loved the book, though I'm left sad even a day later. It's all over! Though I'm thinking I might go back and reread the final battle.

I was sniffling over Dobby, and crying a bit during Harry's walk into the Forbidden Forest. I was so afraid that he was going to die (okay, well, he sorta did, but didn't stay dead), but I was still hoping he'd live. And I still can't believe that she killed off Fred, Lupin, and Tonks! Though I admit I was wriggling when I was watching the live broadcast of Jo reading the first chapter, and she mentioned the marriage.

I did like the epilogue, but thought it should have been more. Wendy's brought up all of the questions I thought of afterwards. Hopefully Jo will answer some of them eventually. And I feel so bad for the kids. James and Lily, I could expect, and Albus, but Albus Severus? Poor kid! Hugo? And don't forget Scorpius (who gives me bad mental images thanks to Farscape).

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited