What did Harry collect from him in the bottle?
Snape's memories...that's what he poured into the Pensive before diving in.

Overall, I'm left with the impression that it was a good book. Lots of action will make for a good film filled with visual effects. However, there was so much exposition thrown in there to finish up all of the plot lines that it seemed a little desperate - as if everything needed to be wrapped up in a nice tidy bow.

Except...The Epilogue. Something that could have been delivered with the latest shipment from the Cheese of the Month Club. :rolleyes: If the Sorting Hat's song in Book 5 warned that the Houses should not be divided, and if the Sorting Hat gets set on fire, and Rowling makes a point at the end of noting that McGonagall had replaced the House tables, but nobody was sitting according to Houses anymore, then what is the point of the childish bickering about being sorted into Houses? Has nothing been learned? Are we supposed to be happy that the kids have nothing to worry about anymore other than this? Really, Rowling should not have included the epilogue. I think it would have been better for her to respect the imagination of her readers and allow all of us to decide what might lie ahead in the future.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink