Originally posted by SuperRoo:
At the UofM here, oddly enough it is the Engineering faculty is the worse for anything alcoholic or doing dumb stuff.
What's so odd about that? Back home in Oz, engineering students are notorious for boozing and doing "dumb stuff." We work hard, we play hard. Oh, and we feel we have a moral duty to protect the rest of Society from the evils of drink and immorality by monopolising it all... or that was the basic tenet of SCIIAES (the Society for the Confinement of Immoral Impulses Amongst Engineering Students -- pronounced "skee-aze") way back when I was at another UofM -- Uni of Melbourne, that is. We had a lot of fun -- and drank a lot. I still have my SCIIAES membership card and there may even be an old t-shirt lurking in a drawer somewhere... :rolleyes: laugh

I don't think I ought to describe some of the things we got up to in a public forum blush -- especially during our annual Purity Week... thumbsup

Dragging this vaguely back to the original topic, what (if anything) is the significance of the Greek letters used by each frat/sorority? Or were they picked more or less at random? Is there any hierarchy between, say, those with 2 letters and those with 3?

Phil (not a Phi, a Phil) :p

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...