Last year I made myself a little Christmas compilation CD (I think I procrastinated quite a bit doing it <g>, and tonight I procrastinated even more!). I dug it out tonight and wrote down the list of songs and surprised myself a little wink . There are some on here I wouldn't have expected myself to put on there, and some I would have expected that aren't there. Guess that says how much your taste can change in a year wink

These aren't all "Christmas" songs; some of them are just holiday songs or things that make me think of Christmastime. Anyway, the list was:

1) Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
2) What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - The O'Jays
3) Medley: Alfie The Christmas Tree / Carol For A Christmas Tree / It's In Every One Of Us - John Denver and the Muppets (I Like It's in Every One Of Us, it sort of annoys me that it's attached to other songs I don't care for wink )
4) Christmas Jazz - Trans-Siberian Orchestra again. This is a peppy guitar version of Good King Wenceslas.
5) Little Saint Nick - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem (with Animal yelling "Run, run, reindeer!" in the background wink )
6) Santa Claus is Coming To Town - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
7) The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - The Chipmunks
8) Santa Baby - Madonna
9)The Peace Carol - John Denver and the Muppets again
10) Christmas Is Coming - The Muppets again
11) Happy Christmas (War is Over) - John Lennon
12) All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey. It's just such a happy song!
13) A Star To Follow - TSO again
14) Jingle Bell Rock - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem again
15) We Wish You A Merry Christmas - The Muppets
Gonzo: "Now bring us a figgy pudding..."
Miss Piggy: "Piggy pudding?!"
Gonzo: "No, figgy pudding. It's made with figs."
Miss Piggy: "Oh, sorry.
Gonzo (sotto voce): "...and bacon."
16) Mary, Did You Know? - The version here is by Clay Aiken; I heard this song in church and liked it, and his was the best commercial version I could find.
17) Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano
18) For The Sake Of Our Brother - TSO. This is mostly O Come All Ye Faithful.

Things I'd have expected to see on that list:
- Charlie Brown's Christmas song ("Christmas time is here...")
- The Jackson Five's Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, with a young Michael Jackson singing his little heart out. I probably decided I only needed one version of this song on any CD <g>.
- Jingle Bells, the version in the film Mixed Nuts. Not sure who that was by, which might be why I didn't put it on there...
- The Night Before Christmas, by Carly Simon
- The Bellevue Carol, from the remake of Miracle on 34th Street. Really hauntingly beautiful.

Yay, I managed to waste half an hour doing this wink It's been fun reading everyone's suggestions!