On the other hand, I think we can assume that all the main players (Clark, Lana, Chloe) are either 18 now or close to it, so that does help with the legal issues.
Last night, Jonathan stated very clearly that Clark is a "seventeen year old boy" (or some such words) which I did take note of, kind of LOL to myself that Tom Welling is one "seventeen year old" I wouldn't mind risking jail-bait time for wink .

My gut tells me that Lana and Jason haven't been doing the wild thing despite what it appears on the show. Not only because of Kathy's good arguments, but for other more practical business reasons for TPTB at Smallville's HQ. I know one of the things mentioned as possible topics to be covered this year is whether or not Clark can have sex, so we all know he is a virgin. Also, I suppose it's fairly safe to say that Chloe and even Lana are as well. I would imagine that such a hot premise as Lana's First Time (or Chloe's, definitely Clark's) would be too rich to pass up an entire episode or two devoted to it.

But, on the flip side of all of that, I would imagine that Jason, being an older man, might feel reasonable in pressing Lana for a more intimate relationship. The argument about him being a school employee and her being a student could be viewed two ways. The first - the way Kathy has presented - that Jason wouldn't risk anything more than a few kisses because of the repercussions. The second viewpoint could argue that since he's already crossed one line - dating and kissing a student - and clearly doesn't feel the need to stop himself, why wouldn't he just go for broke, so to speak?

What's interesting is that on another show I've started watching - Life As We Know It - a similar situation is happening in the reverse. One of the male teen characters is beginning a relationship with his female English teacher. As I watch the show, I'm screaming at the screen because what this teacher is doing is so incredibly wrong. The only reason I don't have the same reaction with the Lana/Jason scenario is because they met and established their relationship before he took the job at SV High. It's not as if he is exploiting his position to meet and then date younger girls.

See...it is so cool that I actually feel compelled to talk about Lana! And the fact that the conversation is intriguing and thought-provoking is just a bonus. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah