I thought Dr. Pescado in Ordinary Peopole was kind of a humorous name. It means Fish. At one point, Spencer Spencer calls him an alcoholic (as in he drinks like a fish?)

Speaking of Spencer Spencer, I always assumed the Love Fortress magazine and night club was supposed to be Playboy, which would make Spencer Spencer Hugh Hefner. Other than the obvious alliteration, I'm not quite sure why "Spencer Spencer", though. Any thoughts?

Also, just as an aside, I googled 'Hugh Hefner Spencer' to see there as any connection between those two names, and all I got were a slew of gossip articles about Heidi Montag wanting to do a Playboy shoot for her then-fiance Spencer Pratt. Interestingly, Spencer Spencer's assistants on the show were the aformentioned Dr. Fish, and a blond, buxom woman named "Heidi". Of course, the show was written nearly 15 years ago, so unless the writers were clairvoyant, there's no connection, but I thought that was a funny coincidence.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster