Originally posted by Jude:
A quick correction about the clank when Lois gave Superman the broom to sweep up the glass from her broken window (btw, didn't you ever wonder what Lois's landlord thought about all the windows that kept geetting borken in her aparment?). The broom incident was part of the comedy of the scene, and Lois already knew Clark was Superman so it wouldn't have been revelatory.
I understand that it was an attempt at humour; but it struck me (no pun intended) as a cheap laugh at the expense of consistency with the rest of the series, not to mention believability. Yeah, yeah, I know -- there are so many less believable things on the show, so why does that one get to me so? I'm not sure, except that for some reason, it calls attention to itself in such a way that it really does disrupt my suspension of disbelief. As was pointed out in a different thread, sometimes it is easier to swallow huge impossibilities than it is smaller ones or simple inconsistencies when choosing to be entertained by a show that clearly is not grounded in reality. <shrug> Go figure.

Joy,
Lynn