Hi!

Well just like Malu, I watched L&C dub in Portuguese. I don't know if the fact that I grew up watching those voices or other thing but I like the dub version even though it has some faults. Malu commented about the black teddy mistake and yeah I remember it got me confused when I watched it the first time.

Malu I don't know the time you used to watch L&C but when it was aired the first time here (Globo Channel) I didn't see any cut. We can still see L&C today in the Warner Channel here and we don't have cut at all. I just remember it was cut when it started to show in the mornings a time ago (Globo Channel).

The name of the episodes were pretty the same but yes we lost something when we talk about jokes and American expressions. I still feel sorry about this talk Lois and Clark had in VD:

You're saying you're a vir...a very patient guy. In portuguese: Você está dizendo que vc é...um cara muito paciente (you're saying you're ...a very patient guy) See no Freudian slip frown so we lost the "joke". This happened because the word virgin (virgem) doesn't match the word very (muito)so they couldn't use the "joke". And the other thing is that in Portuguese we have to put first the noum (guy - cara) then the adverb (very - muito) and the last thing is the adjective (patient - paciente) so that's another thing why the "joke" couldn't be used in portuguese...unfortunately because I always laugh when I watch it in English wink

One of the things I didn't like was when they had to change Clark's voice...I hate the "new" voice.

Anyway even though I like the original version more than I like the dub version. I still have my Portuguese tapes and I love to watch it anyway.

Raquel smile

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)