Here in Greece, the episodes were subtitled.

The translation of the ep titles was never given.

As for the scripts, although some long sentences had to be somehow shortened, to fit in a subtitle, they were worked out very well.

Example: (I'm not sure about the episode and I don't have time to look for it... sorry)
In English:
Lois: ...you're a vir... a vir... a very patient man.
In Greek:
Lois: ...είσαι παρ... παρ... πάρα πολύ υπομονετικός.
(πάρα πολύ in Greek means really much, and the word for virgin is παρθένος... see, what Lois says remains the same, and it sounds correct in Greek too.)

As for the jokes that had no chance to be exactly translated, they were still standing very well in the continuity of the show.

There were some nicknames that were not exactly translated, but somehow they were fitting.
For example, the villain's name in the Family Hour (whose name I can't recall right now) was translated as 'Κεφάλας' (a word which means a guy who has a big head and also sometimes is used as 'stupid'.)

Person's names were not translated, even when there were equal names in Greek. But the Daily Planet was 'Ημερήσιος Πλανήτης' (same thing).

So, generally, there was no problem here.

Although I have to admit I 'cheated' a little...
It's been two or three years that my English has become fairly well, so since then I never depend on the subtitles when watching an English series or movie. I look at the subtitles, but try my best to capture what I'm hearing too. So I wasn't losing anything, no matter whether it was translated or not. And this short, I admit, period of time I'm doing it includes L&C.

AnnaBtG. (very sorry to hear there were such problems with the other languages)

P.S.: I hope you can receive the Greek characters.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...