I know this premise has been beaten like a dead horse, but...

Okay, I'm wondering about marriage. Specifically, where L&C end up married when one or the other, or both, didn't particularly want to be. I want to know about specific stories already written, too. (For repetition sake.)

We have Green Card (almost self explanatory). We have On the Other Hand (Clark marries Lois- still in love with Lana. He's protecting Lois). I recall one where they were married because of some obscure law when they spent the night at the Lexor. (She finds out right before her wedding to Luthor.) A Gift For Life (and I should know all about that one laugh ) There's First Comes Marriage (though I don't remember a whole except they really don't know one another) Honeymoon in Vegas (hilarious) What others have them thrown into a marriage one or both might not have wanted?

Now tell me what other reasons could you see a couple marrying a stranger? And why? What would keep them married? (e.g. say they 'pretend' to be married for a story (and later learn 'guess what? it's real!), when he story's over, what would keep them together?

I have bits and pieces of a scenario in my head, but I need some serious tension. And the whole 'I might have to sleep next to you but don't touch me' thing could be fun.

And I'm trying to push through a writer's block.

While we're here, what is the absolute worse thing you could see Clark doing to betray Lois and be redeemed?

SQD