...?

I'm tagging a question mark to the end of that because I remain ever hopeful.

This coming Wednesday, I'll send the last story in my upload queue to the Archive for upload. I have a grand total of 5 stories out being GE'd, but it seems unlikely any of them will come back in by the following week.

So, in the next week or so, it looks as though we might finally be heading for the day I've been dreading since taking on this job. The first week in the Archive's long history when we have no stories to upload.

Now, I know we've been incredibly fortunate in keeping weekly uploads going till now. Especially in a fandom this small and for a show long since consigned to TV history. I know that this day has always been inevitable at some point.

But I'd still like to avoid it if possible. laugh

Avenues of 'nagging' stories out of authors have dried up in the last couple of years. A source at the start of each year which previously would have netted us a clutch of a dozen or more stories now doesn't merit even a reply from the authors I email or PM. My latest nag here on the mbs netted us a total of two stories. I've tried PMing individual authors without result.

So, I guess it's up to you guys. Is it still important to you that you have stories uploaded to the Archive every week? Does it matter at all if we have to switch to once a month or something more irregular - the odd upload now and then when something comes into my mailbox?

I guess only time - and stories hitting my mailbox (or not) - will tell.... wink

Watch this space.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers